Thursday, November 8, 2007

Thursday Afternoon Randomness

- There is yet another recall of a toy made in China. This time around it's Aqua Dots, a popular toy used in arts & crafts projects. Aqua Dots are small, sticky, colorful plastic dots that can be arranged into different designs and fused together by spraying with water. Aqua Dots look and feel like little colorful candies, if ingested (and here is where the recall comes in) the glue covering the dots metabolize into the powerful DATE RAPE DRUG GHB. So basically, little kids are playing with a toy that looks like candy, they inevitably put the sticky candy looking thing in their mouth, and they are ruffied worse than a sorority girl on a Saturday night. Lead in paint is one thing, but toys that turn into date rape drugs? Come on, how do you let that happen? Who is your Quality Control guy, Creed Bratton?

Anyone going to the Aqua Dots party at the Delta House this weekend?

- Do you ever listen to your mp3 player on shuffle and come across music you didn't load onto the player? I'm not just talking about a song you forgot about, but a song you would never in a million years download. I seriously think my mp3 has become self aware...and it hates me. How else do you explain Tori Amos and DeBarge's "Rhythm of the Night" ending up on there?

- I walked over to NBC today to snap some shots of the WGA protesters and show my support, but they were nowhere to be found. Bummer. I'll try again tomorrow.

- Some of the strike captains started an "official" blog of the strike...United Hollywood.








- Ebony & Irony?










I will leave you with the trailer for There Will Be Blood, Paul Thomas Anderson's first movie since Punch Drunk Love. I don't know much about it other than that it is starring Daniel Day Lewis...that's enough for me, I'm sold.



1 comment:

Meeg said...

I want some drug-laced toys.

That thing with songs I didn't know I had coming up on my ipod happens a lot, but then again I have a lot of stuff on there that I downloaded from mp3 blogs or that I got from friends (I have friends to thank for all that latino/italian wuss rock and that israeli 80s music