Thursday, December 13, 2007

Memories From the Summer: Coney Island - A Photo Blog

I just spent the past few days on my couch sick as a dog watching daytime TV... and by daytime TV I of course mean back to back to back to back to back episodes of Law & Order. Some things I learned:
- When a wife is found dead, it's never the husband that did it, it's always a greedy kid trying to cash in.
- A motion to suppress is inevitable.
- Vigilante justice is still murder.
- There are approx. 1 billion Russian prostitutes brought into this city illegally each year.
- Briscoe is the man (we knew this already)

Today is the first day that I am actually starting to feel a little better, just in time for the nasty winter weather. Snow, freezing rain, wind, you name it we got it here today. It is days like today, when I am fighting off the remnants of the flu and freezing my nuts off walking to the train, that I miss the warmth of summer.

To me, a Brooklyn boy, nothing says summer like Coney Island.

The Wonder Wheel

"Win Big Prizes"

You can't really see it because of the size of the image, but this mural has a bunch of crazy little sideshow freaks painted on it.

A ticket booth with the old Astroland logo. This booth has got to be older than me.

Nathan's Famous. There is nothing like getting a Hot Dog from the original Nathan's.

The Mermaid Parade





No comments: