Sunday, February 24, 2008

Oscar Predictions

Hey All!
I'm back from vacation, burnt to a crisp, just in time to incorrectly predict tonight's Oscar Winners. I am only going to do the major categories (yes I do consider Documentary a major but I didn't see any of the films so I will leave it alone, same goes for Foreign Film).

Best Original Screenplay - Diablo Cody - Juno
Best Adapted Screenplay - Christopher Hampton - Atonement
Best Song - "Falling Slowly" - Once - Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova
Animated Feature - Ratatouille
Cinematography - Robert Elswit - There Will Be Blood
Best Supporting Actress - Cate Blanchett - I'm Not There (although the girl from Atonement has been getting some buzz)
Best Supporting Actor - Javier Barden - No Country For Old Men
Best Actress - Marion Cotillard - La Vie En Rose (They won't give it to Page for a comedy)
Best Actor - Daniel Day Lewis - There Will Be Blood
Best Director- Julian Schnabel - The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
Best Picture - No Country for Old Men (This may seem like I am just picking the one I like best to win, and you are probably right, but I truly feel it is the best film of the year).

I have no prediction for Best Editing, but I would like to see Roderick Jaynes win for No Country, because Jaynes is really a made up person by the Coen Brothers and I would like to see how they handle that.

Ooops, 8pm, time for the show!

No comments: